Masturbating

I know this may be personal..but how many women still masturbate while pregnant? Feel free to post anon! I wonder if I should not do it...but the urge is still there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• As long as the contraction from the orgasm is not going to hurt anything then it should be fine. If you are at risk for preterm labor then it may be risky. When you orgasm, your uterus contracts, so that is just something to think about.
    Anonymous

• Go for it! Although orgasms do produce a hormone that can induce labor, it won't hurt.
    Anonymous

• I did with both of my kids. I had to stop at 27 weeks with my son--but that is because I had pre-term labor and was on bed rest. Go for it, just because you are pregnant does not mean you can't have "fun" when you need to.
    Anonymous

• Well if you would have sex while pregnant why not masturbation?
    Anonymous

• Masturbation can cause strong orgasms hence stronger contractions than normal sex.
    Anonymous

• I did it all the time with my last pregnancy because my hubby was out to sea for weeks at a time. It was great and a lot better than sex which was very uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

• the only reason NOT to do it is if you have been ordered to be on bed rest, and are at risk for preterm labor.

masturbating, or sex, will not cause you to go into labor unless your body is ready (barring the preterm labor restriction mentioned already).

so go ahead and masturbate lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• well yeah masturbation is great and its a stress reliever too.
    Anonymous

• i do it all the time. there's nothing wrong with it, pregnant or not. (unless you are on no orgasm orders from Doc)
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 6:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I do it a lot still even at 38 weeks LOL. It's fun and a good stress reliever for me :) You can always ask your Dr if it's ok to do it.
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009