vag odor?

Embarrasing, but.... Anybody have any recommendations? I do not have any kind of an infection, its just rather unpleasant smelling and a turn off in the bedroom. Anybody??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Health

• This is gonna sound gross but when this happened to me it turned out to be a piece of a tampon stuck inside. I went to the gyn and she removed it. I didn't know what was wrong until she did.
    Anonymous

• if you wash it too much then it will irritate it which causes bad odor. vaginal odor is caused by an overgrowth of yeast (web md), the thing is, its not infected yet (yeast infection) so it just smells. you can try an AZO product that you get from the store ( i found it at target) and it is supposed to reduce yeast and keep infections away- i havent taken them yet though. i am big so i think no air circulation + sweating can lead to odor as well.
    Anonymous

• Purchase a basic douche - don't get any with scents or extra ingredients - just a basic cleansing one. Purchase a plain old squirt bottle and fill it with warm water everytime you go to the bathroom. Douche just the one time and everytime you use the toilet, squirt the warm water at your outer area from your vagina to your anus to remove any bacteria. Wipe with toilet paper from front to back.
    Do not use toiletry items like sprays, deoderants, or powders. Instead, go to bed either without any underpants on or with cotton underpants. Wear cotton-crotched underpants during the day and no tight pants. Stop having sex for a couple of weeks.
    If after a couple of weeks it doesn't clear up, then you will need to make a visit with your gynecologist to be sure it isn't something serious.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009