Have you heard?Maybe a stupid ?

HAVE you heard of women going into labor in a storm? I heard it a while back and we have a BIG storm coming tonight and I am 39weeks. I dont want to because I am terrified to be out in it. And we live 30min from a hospital.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no, but i miss storms :-(
    Anonymous

• No. But try not to worry about it. Don't stress yourself into labor! LOL!! Good luck! :)
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 5:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have heard of the pressure from storms during hurricanes possibly causing women to go into labor. That may be possible with tornadoes too. It may just all be old wives tales also though. Sorry not much help.
    Anonymous

• i had my daughter with snow...
    jazzy_mida91

Answer by jazzy_mida91 at 6:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• there were quite a few babies born during hurricane Ivan and Katrina lol.. but hurricanes contain different pressure systems than a regular storm.

If you go into labor, it would be safer for you to stay home then try and drive to the hospital. Maybe read baby center.com on emergency home birth, if an ambulance doesn't get there in time.

It wont be scary, and I am sure you will be fine, just don't stress it makes it worse :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i would think that it is more stress related... freaking out about it and such.
    Anonymous

• LOL, I HAVE heard that, but I wouldn't worry. We had a very volatile storm season in Minnesota this year, and nothing happened to me or anyone I know that was pregnant at the time. :) It seems like big things always happen at the worst times, though, so I'd make sure your prepared to go anyway! Bag packed, car gassed up, etc...I did this from eight months on, LOL!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I haven't heard that storms CAUSE labor, but the television does like to create storylines around pregnant women going into labor while there is a storm in order to create more drama for their shows.
    Be calm, do deep breathing exercises, meditate your worries away, read a relaxing book, and ease yourself peacefully to sleep while dreaming sweet dreams of the child that will soon be in your life another day.
    Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Are you in NNY? LOL, we are supposed to get a nice big one tonight as well. The thing that comforts me is that my hubby will be driving if I go into labor here. Do you have someone that will take you to the hospital? If it gets too bad, maybe you can call an ambulance? Good Luck hun, and don't stress!
    KrystleShaw2007

Answer by KrystleShaw2007 at 7:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• if you stress yourself too much you might go into labor. SO RELAX lol.
    I used to live in Florida and I did hear that more people give birth during the hurricane season... specially if it is coming and people are evacuating.
    Paty_hotmommy

Answer by Paty_hotmommy at 7:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009