how can I put my baby to sleep?

right now he will only fall asleep if he has a bottle. I don't want to keep it that way because I know its not good for his teeth. he will sometimes fall asleep in his swing but i dont want to keep him in there all night. if i move him to his crib while he's asleep he always wakes up. what can I do to get him to fall asleep in his crib without a bottle? he's almost 6 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i say give him the bottle and take it way when he turns 1 he is still lil and needs to be feed through the bottle... when my son was small and sometimes he feel asleep in the swing i would leave him in there cause he was comfortable and i didnt want to wake him. lil by lil get him use to bing in his crib let him play in ther once in a while with his toys make him comfortable when he is in his crib... =}
    Anonymous

• I got my little one used to going to bed with water instead of milk. it is what is in the bottle that is bad, not the bottle. caution though, the water makes the amount they pee during the night almost double. watch out.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 5:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Ask your ped...but mine said let my babies have that bedtime bottle before bed until 1 yo then wean them off that bottle to avoid teeth issues.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 6:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Rock him while you feed him the bottle and then take it away. He may cry but after a few nights he'll learn the new routine. Also try singing the same song right before you put him down to bed and keep the night time routine as close to the exact same every night.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 7:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009