Anyone out there teach sunday school?

I just started teaching the 3 year old sunday school class. Does anyone know of any good lesson books I can get at a christian bookstore that would have a lesson, activity, and a craft for each sunday? I just don't like the one that we have now, and I want to spice it up and make it unique. Also, any reward programs such as getting a treat for doing certain things in class? I am new at this so any advice is appreciated.

hw1977

Asked by hw1977 at 5:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I asked this question recently in the Methodist Mommies group and was directed to some awesome resources. I would suggest joining that group so you can check it out.
    dsteiner23

Answer by dsteiner23 at 7:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• The "Hands on Bible Curriculum" through group publishing has wonderful materials. They have kits you can buy with a "Big book" a coloring page, activity ideas, songs etc and it encourages Hands On teaching which is what kids LOVE at this age. I have taught 2-3 year olds at my church for 18 years and this is the curriculum I use. I use hand stamps (which came with my HO curriculum) and/or stickers to recognize accomplishments in every child. I don't use food for rewards but we do have a snack time every week. I structure every class the same way so it's predictable. We have play time (15 min), then clean up (with a clean up song) , snack& potty (15min), songs and instruments (5-7 min), story time (5 min), craft or coloring (10-15 min), playtime until pick up. I'm so thrilled you are serving in this way, it's such a blessing to parents and of course to the Lord! Have fun!
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 1:52 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I teach Bible stories to preschoolers ages 3-5 and have found the internet my best source. Just goggle what story you would like to tell and there are all kinds of resources for story, coloring pages and crafts. ANN ENGLISH

aeenglish

Answer by aeenglish at 6:11 PM on Jan. 27, 2009