• In the Spotlight:

What is your favorite crock pot dinner?

I love making pulled pork in the crock pot, and last night I made a pretty good pulled pork taco dish by cooking a pork shoulder roast with sliced bell peppers, rotel tomatoes, canned green chilis, and taco seasoning. I love using my crock pot, and am interested in finding out other people's favorite crock pot dishes.

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 5:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• I make roast beef. I put it in early in the morning or sometimes even the night before. I put potatoes, carrots, beef broth, onions and sometimes cabbage or zucchini and I slow cook it for 12-18 hours. In the last hour I put Pillsbury rolls on the top around it and let the steam cook them and then they taste like dumplings. I serve it with garlic bread or salad.

Answer by gemgem at 6:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• One of my favorite Crock Pot meals is Cabbage Rolls, its so easy and good.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 6:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Ingredients:
    2 lbs. ground beef
    3/4 c. cooked rice
    1 lg. egg
    1 onion, chopped fine
    1/2 tsp. salt & pepper
    1 large head of cabbage
    1 can condensed tomato soup
    1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes
    1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I usually add a little more)
    salt and pepper to taste
    Preparation:
    Remove leaves from head of cabbage gently, trying to keep whole. Scald these in boiling salt water just long enough to wilt. Take and set these on paper towels to cool. Prepare meat mixture in a large bowl; add rice, onion, egg, salt and pepper; mix well. Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture in center of each leaf; fold in sides and roll ends over meat; secure with wooden toothpicks. Place in Crock Pot. Combine tomato soup, tomatoes, cinnamon, salt, and pepper; pour over cabbage rolls. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours. I usually add the excess cabbage, too.
    Serves 6 to 8.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 6:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Pot roast - YUM!!!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I can't pick just one favorite. I use my Crock Pot probably about 5 times a week. I just love it. A few of my fave dinners are: Bacon Ranch Chicken, Salsa Chicken, Pulled Pork, French Dip Sandwiches, Buffalo Chicken Dip (okay, that's not exactly a dinner, but I eat it like it is). Wow, I could go on here, but I'll stop. LOL.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 6:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Red beans and rice with sausage or beef pot roast!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 8:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I like to take a pork roast, brown it, then add chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, onions and some pepper. The roast is so tender when it comes out. I also do that with chicken except I mix the broth with some chicken gravy and cream of whatever soup I have on hand. My kids LOVE it and they are the pickiest eaters I know.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Stuffed Pepper Soup or Beef Brisket. I just love my crockpot!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 9:09 AM on Jan. 7, 2009