Strawberry mark

My daughter has a red bump on her forehead in her hair line, the Dr said that its a strawberry mark, and not much else. He said that he didnt know if it would go away or get bigger or anything, so he is sending us to have it lasered off. Im kind of worried about using a laser on my 3 month old...anyone else here have any experiences with this?

laurenparent

Asked by laurenparent at 5:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had three of them when I was born. One on the back of my head, one on my back, and one on my bottom. The one on my back is the only one that stayed. The other two went away on their own. It's not a hemangioma, is it?
    crazybeautifulh

Answer by crazybeautifulh at 6:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My older daughter had one on the back of her head. She didnt have any hair when she was born. After her hair grew in and covered it, then it gradually disappeared. You can barely see where it was now. She is nearly 12 now.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 6:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'd see a pediatric dermatoligist for another opinion myself before I would do laser surgury on a 3 month old...like pp said it may fade on its own if it is not a hemangioma.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 6:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My second daughter had two red marks that I called "Angel kisses" but they weren't raised. The one on her forehead faded and can barely be seen, but I know where to find the one on the back of her head if I move her hair out of the way.
    With a raised strawberry mark, I would have a second opinion made and I would definitely wait to see how it develops before I have it lasered off. If it spreads or thickens then I would consider laster treatment, but a second opinion is definitely needed.
    Best wishes sweetie.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had one on my eye when I was born. It went away by 1 or 2 months though I believe.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 7:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• omg, you are having it lazored off? Both of my daughter's have one and I would never do that. It FADES!
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my 4 month old has the red spots (not bumps) on the back of her head and between her eyes. Dr said within 6 months they should fade. Even the "strawberry" marks can disappear with time. Idont know if i would do laser just yet. Painful
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 10:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had a strawberry mark in between my eyebrows it was not raised and wasn't that noticeable. It did fade in time.
    SimplyANewMom

Answer by SimplyANewMom at 2:17 AM on Jan. 7, 2009