• In the Spotlight:

I have the Mirena Birth control and i have never missed a period until 3 days ago...i feel tired all the time,always hungry, and constant headaches,and very bad cramps, could i be pregnant?

my name is jazzmynne mida....i got on mirena april of 08 after i had my daughter on march 1,2008....please help me.

jazzy_mida91

Asked by jazzy_mida91 at 6:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd take a pregnancy test and see what it has to say! =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 6:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It is possible with the Mirena that you will not have a period. I have not had a period since July of 06. My son was born March of 07, IUD placed April of 07. If you think you may be pregnant then get tested, but it is rare.
    Percentage of Women Reporting Side Effects During the First
    Three Months and Fifth Year of Use
    SIDE EFFECTS AT 3 MONTHS AT 5 YEARS
    Lower abdominal pain (cramping) 10.5% 2.0%
    Acne or other skin problems 3.5% 1.8%
    Back pain 3.1% 1.0%
    Breast tenderness 3.1% 1.0%
    Headache 2.8% 1.6%
    Mood changes 2.5% Less than 1.0%
    spunkymomof3

Answer by spunkymomof3 at 6:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had Mirena from may of 07 to sept of 08...and I didnt have one period during the whole time! When I got it removed in sept, I had bleeding from the removal but still no periods! And now it is January and I am 6 weeks pregnant...go figure. But to answer the ? mirena is a strange little thing that works in strange ways. There was a time that I thought I was preggers as well on it but it was just my body reacting...Check to see if your strings are still there, and take a pregnancy test if you are still unsure...and if that doesn't satisfy, call your doc and see what he says!
    Mommy4Life86

Answer by Mommy4Life86 at 6:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009