acne..how to treat and prevent?

something that actually works..I have been breaking out alot around my chin area...I get one pimple and I try to pop it and next day I have two there..for the most part I have a clear face...i just cant get the chin area to stop breaking out...

RaulitosMommy

Asked by RaulitosMommy at 6:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• i have tried everything and things worked for a while, but then I tried epsom salt and witch hazel. Mix it in a bowl, use a tissue or cotton balls and put it on your face .I love it and try to use it atleast 2 times a day.
    determind

Answer by determind at 6:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• first stop picking. when you pop a pimple you push the bacteria (puss) into the skin and spread it,thats why you keep breaking out. do not use anything with alcohol it will only dehydrate it and make it worse. get a product with salicylic acid(face wash or spot treatment) wash face 2 a day no more. and just so you know when you break out on your chin or jaw line its hormonal. hope this helps

marissad

Answer by marissad at 6:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• The suggestion that Marissad said is correct & if you want something over the counter with Salicylic acid~Biore has it in their toners. If you want to order/buy something from a spa check out the Vivant gel. It's wonderful stuff & will surely solve your problem.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 6:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Clean with water and apply breast milk. Let it air dry.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I can give you my regimen that my dermatologist gave me;
    1-wash face in AM with either PURPOSE (OVER THE COUNTER), DOVE, or some antibac face wash
    2-KLARON LOTION every AM afterwards( this is rx)
    3-At bedtime, wash again, use an alcohol free, glycolic acid toner(BIORE' has one OTC)
    4-use KERALYT GEL on acne areas(look online,search it on google, its not at wal-mart but at specialty dermacare stores, its around 20 bucks, but its good
    5- moisturize with something like ROC. It has vitamins in it that will help acne, and fight aging, you can get it at cvs or somewhere.
    Sounds like a lot, but it really worked.
    OR, that mask in the PROACTIVE kit works great to spot treat. Put it on pimple, sleep in it, and it comes to a head overnight.
    Happy Zit Killing Sister!
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• this might sound weird and gross but my cousin use to have very bad acne, she would rinse rice and the starchy whote water that came out of cleaning rice. She would apply that to her face and within days her face cleared up. I don't really break out but when I do, thats what I use and it works.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• thanks ladies...wow marrissad my friend told meto use alcohol to dry it out and i actually purchased a crap load of purell sanitizer and was using that...lol..no wonder!
    RaulitosMommy

Answer by RaulitosMommy at 1:44 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Try proactive. It's the only thing that works for me. It dries your skin out so make sure to have a really good fact moisturizer. I use Dove.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 11:54 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• There are many at home remedies you can use- a great article on this is here:
    http://www.lifescript.com/Body/Looks/Skin/8_Simple_Ingredients_For_Natural_Beauty.aspx
    ccbeauchamp

Answer by ccbeauchamp at 3:42 PM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I'd agree with julipickle. Try proactive, it's expensive but it's the only thing that worked for me. Actually, I use just the renewing cleanser from the kit as the whole system is too drying. So it's really not all that expensive if you have a kiosk that sells the individual pieces of the kit at your local mall. Moisturizer is key...I use Olay
    joeyzgerl

Answer by joeyzgerl at 10:27 PM on Jan. 7, 2009