I need ideas for decorating with balloons, streamers and stars.

LindaLou506

Asked by LindaLou506 at 6:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Not sure if this is helpful but I used to work at a party store & similar to flower arranging they go by the odd # rule; 3, 5, 7 balloons are easier to arrange in a bouquet then even numbers. Adding a mylar as a centerpiece to a 3 or 5 or 2 mylars to a 7 or higher arrangement. When using streamer to decorate I usually twist it & tape or pin it to the doorways. And I'm not sure what you mean by stars but maybe the hanging kind, 3-d kind I would pin or tape to the ceiling.
    oahoah

Answer by oahoah at 6:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• For what kind of occasion?
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Outside? Inside? Occasion? What sort of stars? Are the balloons helium filled?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I don't know what the occasion is, but I did a 25th anniversay party with stars and such. I hung streamers (twisted) from the center of the room to the corners of the ceiling, then again from the center to the point between the corners, but higher up. Between all that I hung silver stars from varing lengths of string, and hung a few balloons from the ceiling (singles, from varying lengths of string). Helium balloon bouquets in corners, either side of the fireplace, etc. Bouquet of white flowers on the table with wire star "sparkler" inserts. Star confetti on the table. Floating candles in a bowl of water with silver bead necklaces sunk to the bottom (both round and star beads).
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 2:07 PM on Jan. 11, 2009