Do you ever just feel like C-R-A-P ?

There are days when my energy is soaring- I never sit down, I go on long walks, I can handle the kids without getting tired or frustrated, I can cook dinner, wake up early, clean up everything, organize, and so on. But after I have one of these energy "highs", it seems that my body no longer wants anything to do with moving. I feel sluggish and lethargic for a few days, maybe even weeks. Then the next energy high comes around- whats wrong with me?

snoober_k

Asked by snoober_k at 6:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Health

• high and lows in mood may signify bi-polar disorder.

i always have felt sluggish with no energy.... i thought it was physical. doc ran every test imaginable, i was healthy. turns out it was depression.
    Anonymous

• I was thinking the same thing, could it be depression? I know that I live in the north and I have much less ambition in the winter with less sun and warmth than I do in the summer. How are your eating habits, sleeping habits, etc.?
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 8:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If you're like me, then it's just that I feel like I have accomplished so much on those days full of energy that I can just relax and enjoy it for a while. Plus being here in Washington doesn't help! We get those few great bright sunny days where I have tons of energy and then all the rest are the grey dreary days of rain and wind where you just want to curl up on the couch and read or watch tv all day with a cup of cocoa and tons of junk food lol! If you are feeling any other signs of depression (unexplained body aches, not enjoying things that normally make you happy) then go to the dr because I went through that at one point and it was fairly easily controlled with medicines til I learned how to get rid of it on my own (especially by taking care of me, which is why those lazy days are fine in my book!).
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 9:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am bi polar, and that is much of what I experience.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Instead of filling your body up with medication, try and look for things to do in your town; pick up a hobby and get yourself out of the house. I'm a nurse and I really do not believe that the solution to low spirits is drugs. They don' work the same for everybody anyway.
    Desh

Answer by Desh at 10:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009