what would you do if you where raped and became pregnate

well i know a person that was raped at 14 years became pregnate she had a daughter but she has always disliked her the little girl was raised by her grandmother the little girl is eleven now and realizes that mom does not really like her mom has never had any kind of help to help the experince she went throught

LOVE88

Asked by LOVE88 at 6:20 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• that's really sad but not uncommon. to be honest, I would probably have an abortion if I was 100 percent positive that i was pregnant by the rapist and not my husband. That poor little girl is suffering because her mother made a decision to keep her, when adoption could have been an option. :(
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It depends, if I found out very early 6-8 weeks, I would probably abort. If I found out later, I would see how (emotionally) I felt about the growing baby, if I could bond, then I would put it up for adoption.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 6:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would have the baby and give it up for adoption. I would probably figure I might hold some feelings about the child most of my life and without long term counseling to get over the rape and feelings of having a child of rape it would probably be best. I could never murder my own baby and I know that there are alot of people out there who want a baby and would raise the baby with love and no resentment.

Answer by gemgem at 6:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Umm I was raped at 19, I was drugged with GHB and I did become pregnant and now he's about to turn 5. I decided that he is 100% my child, he grew inside of me for 9 months and I don't regret one day of my little man being in my life he's the most precious most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. In many ways he saved my life.
    rockerqueen

Answer by rockerqueen at 6:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'd be having a baby. The child would be mine and mine only.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 6:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would have an abortion.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would keep it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Pregnate?
    Anonymous

• I would have the baby and raise it but I am an adult. They did that girl a real disservice by not getting her into therapy to deal with the rape. At 14 you really aren't ready to be a parent and to have that responsibility around you and the pressure...I think in her case adoption would have been a better choice.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Oh, and I am very pro-life, but I think it is a shame that they don't offer the morning after pill with a rape kit. It prevents the egg from attaching and they would never know if they had been pregnant or not.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009