Smoking while pregnant

What do you think about smoking while pregnant? I dont mean like a whole pack a day but if you cut down to 3-4 cig a day?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• None..Nothing..It is sad and a form of child abuse.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Its really ignorant!!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think that is terrible. Why on earth would I even risk the slightest chance of something being wrong with my child???
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 6:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think it's disgusting.

It should be something a person is willing to give up for the health of their baby.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 6:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It's just as bad as smoking with an infant in your arms, it shouldn't be done. I used to smoke so i know it's not easy to quit, but when I found out I was pregnant with my first I never touched a cigarette again.
    Duckieglc

Answer by Duckieglc at 6:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• no smoking it harms the baby and even you.. dont make the baby suffer cause you want a cig
    vmoran06

Answer by vmoran06 at 6:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• For one things it is really hard to quite smoking especially when you are not ready. I am a smoker, i was able to quite cold turkey with my first son as soon as i found out, but with my second i had to slowly stop. I just started cutting down everyday to finally where i quite. Its not a good thing to do while pregnant, quiting is your best option....and if you cant stop (which i understand i know many mothers who where not able to stop) try limiting yourself.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 6:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well the popular answer is it isnt healthy for the baby. And it isnt. However depending on your addiction some doctors actually advise to just cutting back to 3-4 a day. That is what my dr did and all my kids were over 9 lbs and never had any issues. One of my best friends quit when she was pregnant and had something very stressful happen and started smoking again. Her dr actually advised her to cut back and not quit too because the stress she was under could cause a miscarriage or early labor. I think its a personal choice but smoking a pack a day and not even trying is not ok to do.
    Anonymous

• It is really hard to quit smoking and alot of times doctors tell you NOT to just quit, it is stressful for the baby.
    Anonymous

• I THINK IT IS HIGHLY IGNORANT AND SELFISH FOR PPL TO POST COMMENTS THAT "THEIR BABY WAS HEALTHY AND I SMOKED 9 MONTHS"..WTF? SO THAT MEANS EVERYONES BABY WILL TURN OUT HEALTHY? WHAT KIND OF ADVICE IS THAT?
    Anonymous