My doctors want to induce my labor because my little girl is so small I was wondering who has gone through induction and about how long it would take for my labor to start if im already 2 cm dilated?

zigzagdork

Asked by zigzagdork at 6:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have been induced 3 times. It really depends on how to plan to induce you. With me if they broke my water labor was rather quick. The last two times though they tried pitocin first and it dragged on and on. Once they break your water though it should move quickly.

Answer by gemgem at 6:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Sorry, there's no way we can answer that. Some people react to induction very quickly, others don't. You can expect to have your baby within hours, or it may still take a few days.

I started labor naturally when my water broke, and it was taking forever, so they added Pitocin. Things actually went more slowly after that!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was induced when my little one was eight days overdue. I was 3 cm dilated at the time. I started the induction at 6 am on April 18th and had my daughter at 1:34 am on April 19th. Just keep in mind that every woman is different.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 6:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would search out info on induction on different websites. Also, research your babies condition and whether induction would be safe for her.
    I am not sure, as I haven't been induced. Sorry.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was induced with two of my pregnancies and they were both pretty quick. The first took 20 minutes to go from 3cm to delivery. The second took about 90 minutes and was also started at 3cm. Both times were done with pitocin. My doctor told me before hand that it could take several hours or not work at all. Each situation is different.
    Nikkaya

Answer by Nikkaya at 6:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• ya enducing can be hard everyone reacts differently. Honeslt try to have lots of sex before you go to the hospital to be enduced it really helps. Walk alot alot. And try to relax so your body doesnt fight the medicine.
    My friend was enduced 3days in a row and only dilated to 2 cm and they had to do a c-section. Everyone is different..... Good luck!
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 7:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It took me 2 days of being induced to deliver. Not a good time.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I wouldn't do it. Let your body work the way it's supposed to.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i have been induced 3 times and it differs each time.......with the first i was induced and i was already 2cm dialated and still had an 8 hour labor.the second i was induced and had a ten hour labor and the last i was induced and had a 7 hour labor.......it all depends on how your body takes to the induction, when they break your water....
    tarapatton

Answer by tarapatton at 7:18 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was induced with my 1st pregnancy. My labor didn't progress and I ended up with a C section. I was only dilated 4cm after 24 hours. My blood pressure was high and doc wanted the baby out.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 7:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2009