Have you ever lost a job?

Have you? Why? Please explain!

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 7:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Thats the great thing about the military, it's nearly an impossible job to lose.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 7:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've been laid off a few times, if that's what you mean. If you mean fired, I never have been, no. The reasons for the lay-offs both times were that I worked for a nationwide company (two different companies) and they were shutting down the branch I worked in.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I too have been laid off--a few times--never fired. Once when someone (I trained) who made LESS money that I did, and wasn't as qualified was kept and I was let go! Another was shortly after 9/11. The companies loss, not mine! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I quit some jobs I had but was never let go.

Answer by gemgem at 7:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have never been fired. I never quit a job in less than 2 yrs. Usually that was for an opportunity to move up. Luckily nurses don't get laid off very often.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• haha ive been fired from 2 jobs...one was a donut/coffee (tim hortons, here in canada) and i used to work graveyards with the guy i loved with, and one night we were bored so we had a food fight..WE were completely messy but we cleaned up the store after ourselves..but then at 5am when the first person came in (who happenend to be his ex) saw us she ratted us out..she hated me for living with him..even tho me and him were totally just friends..2 ppl wanting to live on our own but couldnt afford rent on our own..we were 18 at the time...and the other one was kmart...lol...i was 22..and they have this huge rule of notserving your own family...welllll..i guess someone noticed me ringing in my sisters stuff and i ended up gettin fired!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was fired from one job. It was at a private school. I was hired in September because, and I quote, "We prayed about it, and you're the one sent to fill this vacancy." Then, by March, when I was fired it was, and again I quote, "Because God told me to." I can't put that on a job application for reason for leaving.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Pnukey, I understand how you feel. You don't put God in business. That was stupid of them.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009