To Shave or not to Shave??

How many of you ladies are shaved/waxed *Completely* down there?
I am and I'm feeling funny going to a new OB... Do alot of women do it?
Thanx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Sweety, your OB has seen many woman "down there" with or without hair. Do what you want- it's not going to bother or offend your OB if you have hair or not "down there".
    bramlettljb

Answer by bramlettljb at 2:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• There are OB's where I live that offer laser hair removal, which I would love to do but can't afford it yet. I just shave myself but am really tire of doing that every other day.
    Busymom2293

Answer by Busymom2293 at 2:57 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• It's probably refreshing for an OB to NOT have to deal with hair. And you wouldn't have to worry about TP nubbies being stuck in it right before your appt.
    Anonymous

• I shaved the vag for almost 10 years and finally have decided to stop doing it. And I love the "new me." It is fun to shave it but the razor bumps and itching was soooo not sexy. OBs don't care, I have asked mine and she said that when she is down there she is looking in your vag not at your pubic hair!
    Anonymous

• Alot of women do that. You have nothing to be embarrassed about. I have done that for years and years and have seen alot of OB/GYN's.
    preciousneine

Answer by preciousneine at 4:08 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• its up to you OB's see lots of different things and if you feel good shaving then do it, i love to be shaved and feel so much more when having fun...
    ginaskids23

Answer by ginaskids23 at 4:16 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I shave, it all off and you shouldn't be embarrassed about going to your ob like that they see it all the time it probably grosses them out to deal with fur balls LOL!! I felt awkward the first time as well but then I couldn't help but think while they were giving me my pap if the nurse and my doctor shave LOL!!
    crystal_ashton

Answer by crystal_ashton at 4:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• i would think the ob would appreciate a nicely groomed area. i mean, who wants to look down there and see zztop staring back, you know?
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 8:58 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I've always kept mine completely clean shaven! & I personally think it looks less icky if it's shaved haha
    CaydensMama505

Answer by CaydensMama505 at 11:43 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I shave & make sure to the morning off my appointments i would be embarrassed if i was hairy! If i were a OBGYN id rather see shaved vagina's then hairy ones.
    Anonymous