Anyone taking zoloft during pregnancy??

i found out i was pregnant and im taking 50mg of zoloft. the doc says this is the best medicine but like any still carries potential risk for pphn. however my anxiety is so bad i have to have it. anyone else in a similiar situation or have had a child and taken zoloft or another antidepressant??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have tried zoloft but it didn't work for me... I have THE WORST anxiety all day every day and I am now 6 weeks pregnant I new ther was a chance of pregnancy when my doc gave me valum so i never stated taking it.. i was prescribed zoloft while i was preggo with my 2nd baby.. but didn't take it and delt with it as i am now.. i just don't want to take the chance of something going wrong with my baby because i took something that wasn't natural .. IDK thats just me.. i hope it turns out for the best with you and baby.. CONGRATS
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 7:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm on 50mg of Zoloft and I'm 25 weeks. I feel MUCH better. I've been on other meds and Zoloft has by far helped the most with my anxiety. I took Lexapro with my 1st pregnancy and my baby is fine. Sometimes the benefits outweigh the risks. You have to do what's best for you. Good luck!
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 7:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I just started taking zoloft and im in week 33. I am so worried about all the risks to my baby, but I was so depressed i felt that the benefit would outweight that risk.
    kristen_renee3

Answer by kristen_renee3 at 12:56 PM on May. 6, 2009