If you could do three things to make the U S better

if you could do three things that would be guaranteed to make the world better what would they be? (1)I'd bring home our troops and (2) make secure our borders land and air and (3) give free healthcare to those who do volunteer work somehow signed up through churches that register with hospitals. I know I know dream on. I don't have anyone overseas but I worry for them and their families, people in my family are working hard in their companies to help our military stay safe. The new show Homeland Security is debuting tonight on ABC, maybe the military will learn from it what indiviiudal towns and a few states are doing to protect us. Our healthcare system is a mess - no one should be without healthcare. So those who can't afford have them through churches that register with hospitals do all of the various levels of volunteer work of which there are many. I dunno whadya think our country needs, list three?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• 1. I would fix the welfare system so that people would be trained to work rather then get hand outs. I was always taught give a man a fish he eats for a day, teach him to fish he eats everyday.
    2. I would lower taxes to small businesses and give incentive for them to hire people trained by the state/govt who were on welfare before. This would be a win win situation.
    3. I would overhaul immigration by adding more jobs so that GOOD people like my friend in the UK wouldnt have to wait 4 years after being approved for their green card to get it. That would end alot of people coming here illegally because of the wait. I would also encourage them to fast track those who plan to work here and pay taxes.

Answer by gemgem at 7:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• 1. Pull the rug from under the 2 party system.
    2. Allocate resources and incentives to private groups of citizens, including houses of worship, to feed, clothe, house and give hope to those who are not able to meet their own needs.
    3. Create an atmosphere that inspirs love of country as well as love of humanity.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 7:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• why churches? what about the separation of church and state? it's not necessary to be indoctrinated to help others.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:35 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• 1. institute instant run-off voting
    2. change welfare to a system that supplements working peoples own efforts at self support; no able bodied person would qualify for full assistance unless it was emergency/short term.
    3. put people to work by investing in repairing crumbling infrastructure
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 7:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• hi, I'm the original poster. I think that churches should be involved with helping healthcare etc. because they are so community oriented and from what I've seen and practiced by them and they're more successful in that area than pure social organizations. Churches imo get more respect for helping those in hardtime and less often are run in bad ways with money being used wrong like many social organization companies are; that's all. My thought with this question is just what ways can our country become better. What ways do you, audodidact, think would help the U S?
    Anonymous

• Legalize marijuana/hemp and put to good use.

Reform Welfare to help people learn to take care of themselves.

Term limits for Congress and restructure the lobbying system.

Friday

Answer by Friday at 7:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Have Chuck Baldwin/Ron Paul be president
    End vaccinations
    No pesticides allowed
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I just have a problem with the only point of access being churches.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 8:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Legalize marijuana and free the people sitting in jail for having a joint in their pocket.

Use the criminal justice/prison system in a fair, equal and realistic manner.

Biuld a fence across our southern border and man it with armed guards day and night.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 8:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• 1. Get our borders more secure
    2. Reform welfare
    3. Fix our healthcare system
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:09 PM on Jan. 6, 2009