How many people have guns in home? Do your kids know where they are?

Ok so I live in a small town in Ohio called Jackson and i read today about a 4 year old that shot a 17 year old because he was mad cause the 17yr old accidentally stepped on him i was wondering how many of you have a gun in your house and do your kids know where they are?? o

aubrees_mommie

Asked by aubrees_mommie at 7:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes, my older son's hunting rifles are here but they are locked in a gun safe. I hate having ANY gun in the house. My younger children always knew about the guns but never showed any interest at all in their existence. Thank God!
    Dyndudes

Answer by Dyndudes at 7:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My husband is in Law Enforcement. Guns are inevitable. The kids know where they are, in the gun safe.
    Anonymous

• We have my husbands hunting rifle but it has a gun lock on it and its locked in a hard case. My daughter is to young to know about it but when the time comes she will know that its not something she can touch.
    HeartsNRoses

Answer by HeartsNRoses at 7:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I live in meigs county ohio..
    We do own guns.. most are locked in the safe.. i do have a couple hanging on a gun rack UNLOADED
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 7:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yep. a combination of rifles and pistols in the gunsafe. Also a handgun in a small gunsafe in our room. All the kids know where and what they are. None have access. Not even my married 22 yr old who has his own guns in his house.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• apperentally they just had it in a dresser drawer i commend you all for having your guys locked up my dad also has guns and my daughter knows Not to touch them
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 7:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm in Jackson too! ha. We don't keep guns in our house. I'm not against it though. Just should keep them locked away from your kids.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes and they all have trigger locks on them and are kept unloaded....I don't know if my kids know where they are, but even if they did they wouldn't know where the keys are for the trigger locks.
    mom2boyz

Answer by mom2boyz at 8:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yeah hubbys hunting rifles, unloaded with the bullets in a separate locked section from the guns in the gun cabinet and I don't even know where the key is. There is NO excuse for a 4 year old to be able to get a hold of a loaded gun EVER!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes we have guns in the house all shot guns for hunting. They are in the living room locked up in a gun cabinet.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009