How long did you brestfeed?

I was just wondering how long or how long did you plan to brestfeed?

Trishy7

Asked by Trishy7 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i breastfeed my son for the first 3 months and would have gone till a year but i got a infection and it caused my milk to dry up. This time i hope to do it till a year but not past that.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• child 1 3 days + 6 months pumped milk
    child 2 15 months
    child 3 6 months
    child 4 8 months
    child 5 1 year
    child 6 2 yearrs
    child 7 3 months to date, plan to as long as she wants to.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 7:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have been breastfeeding my daughter since birth and now she is about 6 months. At first I said she would be weaned by the time she was 1, but now I am open to letting her breastfeed when she is older than that if she still wishes to.
    MommyJanelle

Answer by MommyJanelle at 7:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my son for 12 months or so, my daughter for 14months, and my last baby for 8 months max,,, she started the weaning on her own at 5 months.

she was a lazy baby,,, or what they call lazy nursers,,, and probably had one too many bottles!

she preferred the milk pouring down her throat with little effort!

lol...she's still a little lazy...
    karinhiebert

Answer by karinhiebert at 7:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I breastfed up until my son was about 8 months old, at that point I had to stop on a couple of different accounts. First, I got pregnant when my son was about 4 months old and had to start supplementing formula mixed with cereal by the time he was 5 1/2 months because my milk supply dropped and my son started losing weight. Second, nursing started to cause bad cramping, this caused me to call it quites entirely as I experiences pre-term labor with my son and want to avoid having another premie =) I had hoped to breastfeed longer than that, although I don't know how long I would have gone. I do plan on breastfeeding longer with the next one.
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 7:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• DD weaned unexpectedly at 13.5 months, shortly after she weaned, I found out I was pregnant with DS, which was likely the reason for her weaning.

DS is 17 months old (almost) and still nurses on demand. He will continue to do so until he wants to stop. If he's 5 and still nursing, I *might* gently encourage weaning.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm still breast feeding my 17 month old and don't plan to quit any time soon.. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I am at 6 months and still going strong!!
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• 11 months and still going. He is slowly drinking more formula and might start weaning himself pretty soon. But I plan to keep nursing as long as he wants (within reason!) for the immunities that it gives him.
    Anonymous

• My daughter finished self-weaning right before she hit 18 months old.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 8:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009