• In the Spotlight:

Would you pay this much for a cake?

Okay, many of you I'm sure has seen Ace of Cakes on Food Network and those are a group of really talented people. Now, call me crazy, but I had this crazy idea that for my DD's 16th b-day (this May), I would check in to having Duff make her a cake (Duff is her utmost favorite F N celeb). Her dream car is a yellow Saturn Sky convertible, so I thought maybe Duff & his buds could do one up. Well, I went on his website and the MINIMUM price for a cake is $1,000! They go up depending on the complexity, etc. Plus, $175 per hour for their delivery of the cake. I mean, those cakes are awesome, but I don't think I'll be getting a cake from Duff for DD's 16th! Besides, I'd be afraid to cut and eat it!

Would you put out that kind of money?

TeensMom07

Asked by TeensMom07 at 7:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No way , my wedding cake only cost $70
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 7:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• The cakes they do are very creative and labor intensive. I didn't know what his charge was but it didn't shock me. Would I do it for a 16 yr old....LOLOL...as I say to my kids "Is stupid tatooed on my forehead?
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 7:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think its a great idea i wish i would had a cake 16 is special so i think you should
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 7:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• NEVER..not even for a wedding cake!
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Wow! 2 of you think it's a great idea! Problem is, money is so tight and I'm in the Cleveland, Ohio area and he's in Baltimore. How in the world would that be?

Anyone up for raising some cash to help me pay for this cake? LOL!
    TeensMom07

Answer by TeensMom07 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• NO WAY. I'd rather by my kid a used car. lol. I make my own darn cakes.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 7:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If I were your daughter I would say, "You coulda got me a real car for that price!" LOL
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 8:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Throw a Saturn on a home cake! No way would I ever spend more than $20 on a cake...don't care who made it. I'm so cheap! lol I hope my kids never find out other parents do crazy stuff like that!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes I would. The older I get the more I find I like really nice things. If you can do it I see no problem with it, but is is not everyone's thing.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• OH MY... that is alot.. I have always wondered how much they would cost.. But if i would ever pay that much it better be HUGE and AWESOME but i don't think i would ever spend that on a cake.. famous or not
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 8:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009