Is it possible to be six weeks pregnant and a pregnancy test not pick it up?

nichole01

Asked by nichole01 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• a home test yes it happend to me i never did get a positive till about 8wks along. its not typical but it does happen. Go see your OB they can do blood work.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 7:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i get a positive before i miss my period.. but every woman is different.. So def go get the blood work done.. is will be accurate
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 7:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• so you still havent had a period since november?
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 8:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My last period was Nov 13,
    nichole01

Answer by nichole01 at 8:05 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My breast are swollen, nipples are alittle tender, ewcm discharge, nausea, cramping on and off.
    nichole01

Answer by nichole01 at 8:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I had this happen, and I went to the dr today. Iwas not pregnant, and she prescribed meds to make it start. I had all of the pregnancy symptoms, but they can also be caused by hormones in general. My last period was Oct 13, Go to the dr. I had an exam and will sleep tonight!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 8:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• you def need to call the OBGYN. some women wil get a positive result, but others wont. a blood test or an ultra sound are the ONLY way to really know. Don't stress out about it though! That will just make you crazy. It sounds like you could be pregnant though!
    abpfeffer2002

Answer by abpfeffer2002 at 8:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009