If I have full custody, how does that help??

I was granted full custody, but he is entitled to visitation right?

Connie922

Asked by Connie922 at 7:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Only if it is court ordered . If it isn't ordered you don't have to let him see him. Of course your son is gonna hate you for that too but you don't have to do anything that isn't in the order.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 8:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i would think so but i don't know the situation of your case
    lilybug524

Answer by lilybug524 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• it doesn't really. i have full custody and i have all the say so with what i do with my kids but it didn't matter if my ex had any cause he was never involved and i made those choices on my own. even with full custody in most states you still have to allow visitation. that is if he has requested visitation and you have a court order for it. they are two separate issues. first just make sure that your reason for the visitation is cause of grave danger which would be easily proved i would think but if not then i don't think you should withhold visitation. it's very important that relationships and bonds are made. children (whether you like them (the ex) or not they should have a relationship with their other half their father.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Full custody means you have all of the decision making authority in legal matters. Like where they go to school and what doctor they see. You don't have to ask your ex about any of it.

If you have court ordered visitation you still have to honor that.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 9:44 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have full physical and legal, he is allowed "resonable visitation" per the order. Which means it's up to the both of us to decide visitation.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009