38 weeks pregnant can't sleep.. is it ok to take something pm?

I am having bad back pain at night to where I can't sleep. Is it ok to take Tynelol PM or something like that?

AshleyS919

Asked by AshleyS919 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• There isn't to much that is safe to take while pregnant.. i would call the doc and ask
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 8:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• tylenol pm is ok
    8firsttimemom8

Answer by 8firsttimemom8 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I dont think I would take Tynelol PM, I would call my doctor on that one. When I pregnant I was able to take plain Tyenol for lower back pain.
    Anonymous

• Some doctors will allow you to take Benadryl which makes you drowsy... call and ask. No one here knows your personal situation, you could have health concerns that limit what else they want you to take.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 8:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes my Dr suggested Tylanol PM for the same thing you are having!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• In all the information that I have for medications there isn't a single one that would help you sleep. I would definitely talk to your doctor about it before you take anything. I also have learned that if you get on all fours and let the baby hang, this will help your back get the chance to have a small break. You can also rock your pelvis back and forth and it kind of stretches everything. It has been a lifesaver for me!
    Jadyn09

Answer by Jadyn09 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My doctor lets me take plain Unisom...it has different ingredients than other sleep aids. It doesn't have anything for pain relief though. I know at least at my hospital, the nurses have lists of medications from each doctor to tell their patients what they approve to take after hours.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:17 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• If you can not get to talk to your doctor tonight, you pharmasist will be able to point something out.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my doctor gave me a list of meds that are ok to take and tylenol PM is on there =]
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• or you can take Benadryl...i couldnt sleep when i was that far a long and my doc gave me benadryl..but always consult with your ob/gyn before you take anything...
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 9:10 AM on Jan. 7, 2009