• In the Spotlight:

doctors!

Im so livid. today my mother calls me at work telling me my 5 month old has a fever. I freaked out because she has a high risk for siezures because of me. I immeaditaly call my daughters pedatrician and they make me leave a message. Whih is so annoying. Then my mom calls back about 15mins later telling me she was told to give her tylenlol(which ims so confused bc the age limit was changed about 4 months ago) and she tells me i need to find a new doctor. First of all the nurse was suppose to call me THE MOM back not my mother. I dont even know how they got her number. Secondly, they told her that we shouldnt worry until her fever reachers 105! 105?! are you kidding me. she'll suffer brain damage. I called back and was put on hold and then asked to leave another message. im just venting because I couldnt vent to the stupid nurse, who couldnt even speak english.

SummerMom072208

Asked by SummerMom072208 at 8:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• wow... thats pretty crappy! I would for sure get a new pediatrition!!! People who are at least concerened about the history for seziures!! Good luck to you... hope your little one is feeling better! and a temp of 105 are they nuts?? my daughter had a temp like that and they had to put her on ice because they couldnt break her fever...
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• The more I deal with doctors the more I realize that they definitely don't know everything and they really don't care as much as they should! That is so frustrating!
    Anonymous

• It is really sad that you aren't getting better responses. I agree, see if there is another doctor you can take her to.

Answer by Bmat at 8:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009