how can i naturaly induce labor

my doctor said that it is ok for me to induce labor right now but i dont know how to go about it

firsttimemom342

Asked by firsttimemom342 at 8:11 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• sex, semen has something in it that softens the cervix, going for a long walk.
    Anonymous

• SEX!:)
    Anonymous

• You can help it along with these things but it more than likley will not put you into labor!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Sex is the best. But you may not feel like it. Put as much pressure on your cervix as possible. Be vertical more than horizontal. Sometime we can do everything possible but if the baby is not ready to come he will stay in there for as long as he can :). Good Luck!!!
    JessieK79

Answer by JessieK79 at 8:16 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• sex and walking. anything else can be dangerous.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• check out this link http://www.maternitycorner.com/mcmag/articles/preg0007.html
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 8:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• you can try by having sex and walking a lot, but it might not do anything it all. My baby didn't come until she was ready, no matter how much I tried to get her out. I even had my membranes stripped twice and she still didn't come (she was 6 days late).
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i had the EXACT same problem as Sandra! My second has been trying my patience ever since! Either way, walking won't hurt a thing, and this might be the last chance for some sex for a LONG time! =)
    abpfeffer2002

Answer by abpfeffer2002 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Passion Iced tea from starbucks. It really does work and it's not dangerous and caffeine free. It actualyl has hibbicus and lemongrass which contracts the placenta. I would get a couple just to drink for the day or night. No water, sweetend with light ice. It tastes really good too. Just drink that and you'll go into labor! abpfeffer2002 is right also. Sex because it might be a while before your able to do it again.! I wish you a great delivery.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• SEX SEX SEX SEX ! I know you dont feel very sexy but just think of what could result in some long time need intersourse with the one you love. Also walking not fast but a nice pase. I know the walking worked for me since I was always going to the hospital with contractions. I was walking at work and that is what caused alot of my contractions. You can also try caster oil but the most that might do is give you the poops. Good luck and keep me posted.
    firstimemom1984

Answer by firstimemom1984 at 1:55 AM on Jan. 7, 2009