OK yet another question brought on by my post...

Say a child is taught their whole life to sin. They were forced to as a child and it is all they know. So then in adulthood they continue to sin. Would they be held accountable even though they know nothing else? Who would truly be at fault the child who is now an adult and sins? Or the ones who taught the child to sin? (not by sinning I am more referring to cheating, stealing, murder, etc. I am not referring to one not believing in god and teaching their child not to so please don't take this their)

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:23 PM on Nov. 2, 2011 in Religious Debate

• Would they be held accountable even though they know nothing else? 

I am not even going to attempt to talk out of my ass. Now one here knows the answer to this. We can speculate, but no one knows how God is going to judge us. That is for him to decide.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:27 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• lol jeremysmom i could not have said it better myself.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 1:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• Jeremy awesome answer didn't think I would get that one. Thank you
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 1:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• We're all responsible.
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 1:44 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• At the point that you have learned that all you learned was wrong, which is partially inate, you are responsible for your behavior
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 1:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• How can a person be held accountable for something they do not know?

Common sense tells us what is right and wrong and if a person comes around and knows God then God will direct them.  If a person never comes to God than they will be held accountable for that choice.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:54 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

Actually this is not true. It has been proven that some never learn due to upbringing. Some times ones bringing can scue their perception of right and wrong.

amazing. I specifically stated this was not about that. People know right from wrong wit out knowing. That specific point I asked left out. Thank you for not paying attention.
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 2:06 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• God can read hearts, and knows all the circumstances surrounding everyone's situations. He would not punish/destroy someone unjustly. He takes into account everything, because he is all knowing, loving, and just.
    cowgirlmama

Answer by cowgirlmama at 2:25 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• I think one would be held responsible as an adult. There is more to socialization besides parenting.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:30 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• I agree with cowgirlmama. I would also go further than calling the innate wisdom God gives us just common sense. He gave us a conscience. He also gave us a longing for Him.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 2:31 PM on Nov. 2, 2011