I got food posioning from ingesting spoiled coffee creamer in my first trimester. How will this affect my baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no one will know till your little one is born. good luck
    Anonymous

• i'd talk to the gyno, they'd know better.
    m4m4

Answer by m4m4 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Im not a doctor (obviously) but I dont think it will. As long as you stay hydrated and dont starve you body even if it means sipping pedialyte or gatoraid and throwing it back up. I drank some bad orange juice and was a barfing queen. Then found out I was a month pregnant. It didnt affect her. I didnt want to drink o.j again for 2 years though lol
    Socialmomof3

Answer by Socialmomof3 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I got food poisoning with my daughter and she was fine. I was 7 months pregnant.
    babyangelromero

Answer by babyangelromero at 10:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think the only concern for food poisoning is that you'll throw up a lot and get dehydrated. Aside from some strange bacterial thing like listeriosis, I think the main concern is that you make sure to keep ingesting fluids so you and the baby don't get dehydrated.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:14 PM on Jan. 7, 2009