Has anyone used Zoloft?

if you have what are some pro's and con's ? I am 20 wks preg and I talked to my Dr. about my anxiety and he gave me zoloft ! I would love to hear from women that have used it!!

mccullough08

Asked by mccullough08 at 8:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, I have used it and so has my sister.
    Pro's: It worked for both of us really well
    Con's: Weight gain
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm 25 weeks and on Zoloft. It is wonderful! I feel so much better. I've tried other meds and Zoloft is the best so far in helping with my anxiety. Good luck! I hope it helps you too.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Yes my doctor prescribe it to me after I had my second child I was so emotional and at the time it seemed as though I was loosing my hair I don't know if it had anything to do with it but I feel alot better and my hair has grown back it has been 5 yrs now. I was taking 100 mg. but I told him about my sex drive about it going down hill so he good lucklowered the dose to 50 mg. All is good now I cant complain. Of course I had to do some changes as far as eating right and exercising and so on.

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I used it and it worked, but I never used it while pregnant. I made a point to stop it before pregnancy.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 9:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Zoloft works well in that it just helps you to feel normal, not high or anything. I did take it during pregnancy without problems. But I have one word of strict caution. DO NOT stop taking it suddenly because the warnings on the package mean what they say. When my insurance stopped paying for Zoloft, I had to quit cold turkey when I ran out and I suffered a sudden emotional crash a few days later. Keep taking the medicine and don't self adjust.
    Good luck to you! :)
    TexaBamaBaby

Answer by TexaBamaBaby at 10:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I was on it post pregnancy...it worked for my baby blues.
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 2:47 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I took it for 5 months and stopped suddenly. (When my insurance wouldn't pay anymore) DO NOT stop suddenly. It was awful. I actually left my husband in the middle of the night. And he didn't even do anything. Snatched the kids up and left. Not good. But it is a good med for the blues. If taken properly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 AM on Jan. 7, 2009