Baby food?

How old was you baby when he/she started eating baby food meats. My daughter is starting lvl 2 and I wasn't sure if she could have the meats yet or not. I plan on asking her doctor at her next appt. which is in a week but I wanted to see when you other moms started.

dtetz

Asked by dtetz at 8:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My pediatrician said that babies simply don't have the enzymes they need to digest meats until 7 -9 mos. People do it sooner all the time and babies are fine, but if you like to do it by the book i'd wait until then. I miss those days!
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I never fed her baby food persay....I just blended up foods that we ate, but her first foods were beans, pureed veggies at 6 months and then I slowely added chicken and fish when she was 7 months.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 8:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i plan on having my daughter eat all the veggies, starting with the yellow/orange ones then the green, then the fruits before i start on the meats. that's just how my family has always done it.
    Tarable525

Answer by Tarable525 at 8:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Thats about the time my baby started eating meats, i just tried to boil lamb but, you can buy meats in a jar, probably mixed with rice or vegies. my baby liked the gerber beef with savory carrots and sweet patato he didnt really like chicken or turkey. I also made him chicken noodle soups with simple carrots potatoes removed the onion after boiling in the soup then used my chopper to make it soft enough to eat and he loved it. i fed him that from about 6 months maybe even younger.
    litan23

Answer by litan23 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• around 6 months I think, stage 2 baby food isn't chunky at all, so it's fine.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 9:26 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I started meats at 6 months, my kids ate whatever we were having for dinner I just put it in the blender. My kids never liked the jar baby food.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my babies all got fed meaty foods my their grandaddy at about 6 mos. i'd leave them w/ him to watch for a little while and come back and he'd have fed them whatever he cooked that day. they are all healthy children.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009