Question for mothers of teens?

My house is the teen hangout. There's often as many as 10 kids at my house and they often spend the night. The thing is I only know 1 of the teens parents and that is because when I picked my daughter up from their house I parked my car, went to the door and introduced myself. When these kids parents pick up their kids they either text them to come to the car or just honk.

Some of these kids have been coming here for several years. They are great kids, friendly, polite, respectful, funny... so their parents must be doing something right. I just don't get how they can let there kids come here for years without ever even meeting me. I think that's not only irresponsible but rude.

What do you think?

onethentwins

Asked by onethentwins at 5:42 PM on Nov. 2, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I agree. I think it is both irresponsible and rude.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 5:43 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• I dont say stupid often but its STUPID who leaves their child with a stranger??? I woudl not let mey children go to or spend the night out with out getting to know the parents first. We a child come to our house once....a drop off- coem to find out the parents didnt drop her off, a friends did. We took her straight home when we heard this.

If the parents are not interested in who I am and care enough about their childs safety, I am not allowing them to my home. No drop offs allowed and they know it and beleive it now.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 5:49 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• I think its rude too. I meet the parents of my girls friends so they at least know who I am. I am not the most sociable person but I need to know who's house and what they are like before allowing them to go over.
    vampporcupine

Answer by vampporcupine at 5:50 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• I know right. And I'm not talking about 1 or 2 kids, I'm talking all of them.

There was one girls mom who called me about 4 years ago to make sure I was there and things were on the up and up.
    onethentwins

Comment by onethentwins (original poster) at 5:53 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• I'm not sure about rude...personally I don't like meeting new people-I feel all...ugh. BUT I DO it because it's my job as mom to at least meet the other parents.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:58 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• I would NEVER feel comfortable leaving my child in the hands of someone I didn't know...let alone haven't even met!
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 6:13 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• I have seen the same issue. We had one little girl who came over and played with my dd, and even spent the night, and I never met her mom, she was probably 7 years old when she started playing over here and I think I met her mom when she was 10. Pathetic.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:29 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• That is crazy talk..I would never let my dd spend the night at someones house if I didn't meet the parents first...WOW..
    LATINAICE

Answer by LATINAICE at 6:39 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• Yes, it is rude. But be thankful the kids enjoy it there and you have a clue as to what they are doing. I was always glad our house was 'the' place to be when our kids were teens.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 6:51 PM on Nov. 2, 2011

• whitepeppers - you're right. I'm so glad that it's my house that all the kids hang out at. Not only do I know where they are I get to enjoy their company. I love teenagers.
    onethentwins

Comment by onethentwins (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Nov. 2, 2011