For sisters in Christ

I want to get a scripture over an old tatoo. Would it be ok? Lazer removal is too painful so I rather make it meaningful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I wouldn't see it as wrong.....Then again I am a pierced person looking at getting a tat myself. Just make sure it is something you can live with for the rest of your mortal days.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• That is a good idea, Do you have a tattoo artist in mind, if so ask them. I hear they can do wonders. GLgood luckshoutingI love Jesus!!!

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• what do you mean be ok, like would it be blasphemy? some would say so other would say it's not. i don't know what i think, i kinda feel it is and then i kinda feel like it's kinda nice rather then just having a tattoo that is just less meaningful. so i don't know. ask your church leader or pray and ask god himself.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 8:39 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• if you don't mind me asking--what is the old tatoo and what scripture---unless it was something saying anything negative about god or jesus or something--i don't see anything wrong with it at all.
    jdmyangel

Answer by jdmyangel at 8:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• One thing I did when I got mine which has a scripture with it... I wrote the scripture out exactly how I wanted it from the bible to make sure they did the spelling etc. correctly.

There's a Christian tattoo mom group - just us tattooed christian moms... you might be able to get some ideas from there.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 9:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• this reminds me of that old hymn, 'His banner over me is love'..i mean, like this: His (Christ's) banner (word of God) over(covering my sin-old tattoo)me(sinner, old man) is love(forgiveness/new creation)...awesome, eh?
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Sounds great I am sure God would be pleased.
    TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 10:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I know you say laser removal is painful, but it does say that you should not mark up your body...that includes tattoos...
    Anonymous

• anon1136 - it would take too long to give the full teaching on it but that is out of context. When I got my tats i had alot of good intentioned Christians quoting that passage. Basically it's talking about making cuttings on your body to the dead. Also in that same passage it says not to eat pork, shell fish (crab, lobster, shrimp or any bottom feeders) to wear certain blended cloths (i think wool and cotton or some combo like that) but people always pull out the one passage without looking at the whole.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• bonn777 is right about that passage. That is the old covenant, and when Jesus died for our sins, we who are saved through Him are part of the New covenant.
    I'm undecided on it too, if that makes you feel any better. I've wanted a spritual tattoo for a while. I want a cross with "Saved" stamped on it...or Bible verse.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009