Can I pop a skin boil while I am six months pregnant?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• If you take a glass soda bottle and it it up then put the mouth of the bottle over your boil and then pour cold water on it...it pops right out. (or at least that is what my dad always told me). I personally would go to the doctor and let them take care of it, just let them know your pregnant.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 8:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Going to the doctor is a good idea! You could spread the infection if you try to open it yourself.
    Anonymous

• yes you can its not going to hurt the baby.
    brentniea

Answer by brentniea at 8:53 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would say yes! Make sure you get it all out and use something steril for the job! heat a needle with a lighter then run alcohol on it, and also clean the boil area so no bacteria gets into it once its open. Then clean the area and put some neosporin on it to keep germs and infection off. OR Go let the doctor do it so you dot hafta worry but that will cost ya! Did I mention keeping it clean? lol
    Socialmomof3

Answer by Socialmomof3 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Heat is supposed to help bring them down as well. I'd still probably talk to your doctor about it just to be safe.
    kicknscreamn222

Answer by kicknscreamn222 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My mom always used a potato cut in half--rubbed over it for awhile. Might want to double check with the Dr. though.
    RugersMommy06

Answer by RugersMommy06 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• if you pop it, it could get worse..it could be staph and if it is, you def need anti biotics for it. personally it would drive me nuts till i popped it, but i would make a drs appt
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 5:12 AM on Jan. 7, 2009