How many teeth should a typical 15-month-old have?

BobbysMom2007

Asked by BobbysMom2007 at 8:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• there is no set amount of teeth. my dd only had like 4. She got her first tooth at 10.5 months and only had 1 tooth at 1 year of age. The longer it takes for teeth to come in, the stronger they are. So have no fear. :) My dd is 2 years old now and only needs her 2 year molars
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 8:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Every baby is different. My first son may have had 6 and my second about the same but my daughter is 14 months and has 16. She always got slammed with 4 teeth coming in at a time. Her first 4 came in at 5 months. It's crazy because my boys were much older.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My first had ALL his teeth except his 2 year and 12 year molars by the time he was 6 mos. It was insane!!!

My second has 6 teeth and he's 15 mos old. Its goin slower but idk... it's not like worrying will speed it up. He'll get em when he gets em!!
    livn4hevn

Answer by livn4hevn at 9:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• There is no set number. DD1 only had about 4- she didn't get her first tooth until 13 months.. (Neither did I, for that matter..)

Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 9:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• There is no typical. Some might be getting their first tooth. Others might be getting their first molars which are usually teeth numbers 9-12.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Thanks, ladies!  I was just curious 'cause it seems like he has a whole lot.  Like Christine0813 said about her daughter, Bobby has consistantly had multiple teeth coming through at the same time.  It seems as though he's been teething constantly since the first two started.  He now has 14 teeth in all the way, and is cutting his bottom canines.  The bad thing is that it really bothered him a lot when all this started, but the good thing is that he's totally used to it by now.  I often don't even realize he's cutting new teeth until I see pink on his toothbrush.

BobbysMom2007

Answer by BobbysMom2007 at 2:40 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Every one is differnt. And things happen when they should for the person
    mommy201087

Answer by mommy201087 at 12:21 AM on Dec. 10, 2012