My tomatoe plants are beautiful, but they are not producing fruit!! Any ideas?

Asked by Momtocccd at 2:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Did they produce any flowers?

Answer by jaschem at 2:59 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• When did you plant them exactly? And are they flowering at all?

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 3:27 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• There are very few flowers.They dry up and fall off. We do have ONE tomato. I planted them near the end of May or the beginning of June.

Answer by Momtocccd at 4:49 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• there is this stuff...i think its called bloom and it might help you its in a spray bottle and you spray the blooms with it, you can buy it at walmart I think, if it is a pollenating problem you can get a q-tip and swipe it from bloom to bloom and it might help...hope that helps ya some....we havent had any tomatoes this year, I think it just got really hot fast and what few we did get mocking birds at them....gggrrr
    there are other products out there like blossum end rot or bloom boaster...we put epsome salt in our garden it is supposed to help also

Answer by mccat777 at 9:07 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I would check and make sure they're getting enough water and sunlight. I had the same problem you mention but with my jalapeno plant and I eventually realized I wasn't watering it enough and it wasn't getting as direct of sunlight as it was supposed to

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 7:54 AM on Jul. 18, 2008

• If the flowers fall off or die, you need to get something called bloom set. ( have never tried this but read about it often. ) If you have no flowers at all there's a product called Bloom Booster by Miracle Gro. Annuals are heavy feeders typically, so try to fertilize every 2 weeks at least.

Answer by Thislittlekitty at 9:05 PM on Jul. 18, 2008