after birth control

so i want to have a baby so i got off my birth control which i had only been taking for 3 months and then after a couple months of no use 6 months before that. i heard you can build up hormones to prevent pregnancy from birth control so how long after you used it will it take for me to get pregnant?

i was hoping it would be a month cause our one yr is coming up in early april and didn't want to be traveling pregnant or just a month or two in. so that i could enjoy our one yr wedding anniversary and not be to heavy with child and such. since we will be climbing steps of ruins and such. maybe i should get back on for one month...what do you think?

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 8:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I been off b/c since Sept and trying since October. Nothing yet, and was on b/c for 13 years, no breaks. Since I got off b/c my period has come exactly when it should have and only lasted 3-4 days so I can't complain. Just no success in the pregnancy dept, but theres always this month! Good luck and wish me luck too lol!
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 10:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• the reccomended time to wait is 3 months. I believe that is to get all the hormones for bc out of your system. Just use other methods of bc for the next few months. I got pregnant in August with both my girls and let me just say being pregnant ALL winter is great! Good excuse for all those baggy clothes. If you have any other questions, just send me a message! I'll tell you as much as I can!
    abpfeffer2002

Answer by abpfeffer2002 at 8:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009