To all you CA mommies, what do you pay for for preschool?

alyssasmommy312

Asked by alyssasmommy312 at 9:06 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• When we lived in San Diego my son went to state run preschool at the elementary school. He went half days, 5 days a week starting at 3. You do have to qualify financially, and since I was a SAHM and my dh was military, we did. It was truly a great program and my sons teacher was amazing! She had over 20 years experience and taught the kids so much. My son was reading before he started his second year with her and he was leaps and bounds ahead of the kids in his kindergarten class that did not attend preshool.
    mauspond

Answer by mauspond at 10:57 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I currently pay $650 per month for 5 full days. I used to pay $550 and I have been to centers that charge $980.

If I wasn't working our daughter would probably go to the local Park n Rec preschool as it is highly recommended and very affordable.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 9:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I've seen anywhere from $150 for a co-op preschool through my city's parks department to over $800 for the preschool at a private Pre-K to 12 school.

My daughter isn't in preschool yet (she's only 2). We go to a couple of mommy & me classes through the parks department and a pre-preschool class that is one day a week for an hour and a half through the First 5 program.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i pay $ 890 per month its worth it i guess
    mom2b23869

Answer by mom2b23869 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Holy geez that's expensive.. my daughter goes to state preschool, it's not as scummy as it sounds because we live in Lake Tahoe, and it's free for her to go 5 days a week.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 10:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Lake Tahoe in CA or NV? As far as I knew there are no free state run preschools in CA unless you qualify for Head Start.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:58 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• In California, and it's free depending on income.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:04 AM on Jan. 7, 2009