Confusion

I'm almost 5 months pregnant, and i'm married to an amazing guy... but theres some things i can't seem to work out. One of my ex's keeps coming back into my life, and i can't seem to get over him. If i see him, or even get a text from him, the feelings come flooding back, and i can't overcome them.

help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:23 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• This would have been a good thing to know before you decided to bring another life into the world! I'm not being rude JMO.
    If your married to an amazing guy and are pregnant with his baby I would try to figure out whats missing and make it work! I would cut all contact with the ex-theres a reason he's an ex.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

• Then change your number and if you see him, turn your head and walk/drive in another direction.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:27 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• why are you texting him causing problems for yourself your hubby and baby? It's just a question, no bash. Maybe you're not as happy in your marriage as you think? Hormone obviously play a big part in our lives but still what about blocking his texts, calls or changing your number if you think hubby and you do belong together? Does hubby compliment you being pregnant and beautiful and things? Maybe your not getting the attention you want from hubby and your x is giving it to you? You are beautiful with a baby pure and simple. You're recipe you and hubby cooked to make a baby worked, look at hubby is he who you want as a father figure for your baby or your x?
    Anonymous

• That didn't sound very sympathetic and I'm sorry. I have an ex that I felt that way with for years on top of years. I finally saw him as a toxic person to have in my life in any way, only because whether he knew it or not, he was messing up my heart because any thought I gave to him was less I was giving my husband. I finally had to do just what I said in first reply. When I see him, I turn and walk away and if he starts following me, I run (that's no joke, I did that last May literally ran down the road to get far enough away from him that I could think about all the reasons I didn't need to be anywhere near him). I wasn't trying to sound cold, I just know that in the long run, it's better to just walk/run away from someone that you don't have much self control with.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 9:30 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Hmmm, you also have to take note that your hormones are running high at this time. Something similar happened with me when I was about 3-5 months along with my pregnancy. But then something happened with my husband that caused us to be torn apart towards the end of my pregnancy (he wasn't even able to be there for the birth!) and that's when I realized how much I love him, and that I missed him even MORE than the other guy. I know how much it sucks to be in this situation :/, just look into your heart and see which one you have STRONGER feelings for and would be harder to live without and that you would have a better future with. Does this other guy still have feelings for you? Was it a mutual break up?.....Lol, remember you can't have both! :D Sucks, don't it? hahaha
    Anonymous

• your pregnancy hormones do not help the situation. i would change your cell phone number.
    CASSIDYSHEART

Answer by CASSIDYSHEART at 9:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• well, we broke up because he was going to basic training... and we both thought it would be better if we were apart...
    cuz 3,000 miles and no phone calls wasn't exactly happy happy.

my husband has been my best friend for the past god knows how long... and when i found out i was pregnant with his child... we got married, because our families thought it would be best for the baby, best if i had the same last name... and i do love him more than anything in the world...
    but its just some weird connection with my ex...
    Anonymous

• well the only time i see or talk to my ex is when its about my daughter and yea we ask whats up with eachother.... but i guess i dont understand what ur going though cause i dont have those "feelings" for him!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:49 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• just wondering just how long ago did you make that decision? you implied your presently in a text relationship with him. if you stopped texting with him however long ago guess you're not over him.
    look at what you've got and compare it to how to get together with him from where you each are. which is better?
    Anonymous

• If your married to an amazing guy count your blessings and have faith in your current relationship, he will probably end up treating you better than the ex ever thought of. Also this is cliche but he's an ex for a reason and you should think about that. Plus you haven't had the baby yet and you wait till that baby brings joy into both of your lives and you see the daddy with the baby playing and taking care of her/him, you'll see why he is soooooooo amazing!
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009