I'm a vet tech, do you need advice?

I've been a Vet/Surgery Tech for several years. If you need advice on anything I would love to help. The quickest way to get a response is to send me a message.

luvinher

Asked by luvinher at 9:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pets

• Maybe anon needs her anal gland drained? Or my dog gets "bitchy"(get the pun) before she goes in heat!! Sorry, I'm a samrt aleck!!

Any advice about fleas? we have tried just about everything and my poor Chili(As seen in pic) is miserable!!
    WAganma56

Answer by WAganma56 at 4:05 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• you did this last night too... weeeiiirrddddd.
    Anonymous

• one way to advertise.
    Anonymous

• I think it is very kind to offer to help.

Answer by Bmat at 9:32 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Oh yes and I make a ton of money giving advice too. Why don't you take your haten somewhere else if it's drama you seek cause you won't get it from me here. Yes, I'm busted I actually feel fulfilled helping people. And you needed to be anonymous why?
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 9:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Do you recommend that pedi paws device? My cat is almost a year old and absolutely freaks out every time I have to clip her nails. Which I have to do about every other week because my toddler likes to chase her around. I know I have never hurt her doing it, but she cries and thrushes around like crazy! It makes me feel bad, so I'm looking for an easier way for her. Thanks!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I don't think she will be any better with that. It's kind of a sand paper and grinds the nail down. I put my nail in it to feel it and I didn't care for it. It will take a lot longer too. I'd find someone that knows how to restrain a cat and that will make a world of difference. The vet will do them also. They are 6$ where I live.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 10:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My vet showed me how to restrain her, but I think me being nervous makes it all worse. I'll probably just start paying them to do it. Thank you!
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have a chocolate toy poodle-female. I know you can read online about them, but what characteristics do you know from experience abouy them? She just turned 1 year old in December.
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 11:54 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• To WAganma56 I like Frontline the best. It lasts a month. If you get some cheapo prev. it won't work well. I recomm. year round because as you see they will live in your house all year. Don't bath her 24hr before or after application. The preventative uses her hair oil to travel that's why. You could bomb your house to get a head start. But nothing will kill a flea in the pupa stage, and it takes about 3 mos. for the flea to complete a life cycle. The best way to rid them is to keep her protected (all pets in the house) if there isn't a food source they can't survive.
    luvinher

Answer by luvinher at 3:20 PM on Jan. 7, 2009