Is miley cyrus a good role model?

Do you let your small children watch her show ? Do you think shes a good role model? what do you thing of her ? do you think it is ok for a 16 year old to date a 20 year old even if she is a celb?

stayathomemama3

Asked by stayathomemama3 at 9:25 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I think that her dating the doofy 20 yr old says more negative about the 20 yr old and the elder Cyruses than it does about Miley (gee, what 16 yr old doesn't want to date a 20 yr old underpants model???). Her parents should have absolutely forbid it. And worse, what 20 yr old "man" wants to date a 15 year old? He looks ridiculous joining her for ice cream cones and roller skating.

The pictures that caused such a hub-bub were ill-advised, but you know what? If Annie Leibovitz told me to take off my clothes and dance around the room jiggling my blubber cuz it would make a great photo, i'd believe her. I think that the error, again, was on the part of her parents for not being present during that shoot (or not speaking up or not using some common sense!) to say that the vision Annie was presenting had the potential to damage Miley's career (and make her look like a trollop, too).
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 11:24 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I let my children watch her show. I think she's as good of a role model as any of the others.

Children usually don't know about all of the dirt on these celebs.

Who cares if she's dating a 20 year old-thats her business and her personal life. Her parents can make that decision.
    Anonymous

• I dont think shes a good role model cause of her pics that have came up on the net but i dont think its a big deal for her to date a 20 yr old at 16 its like a 20 yr old dating a 30 who cares age isnt anything but a number
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 9:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My daughter loves her!! my daughter is 6 and could care less if she is dating or not or how old the guy is!! my daughter doesnt wanna be miley cyrus she just likes her show and her songs i think thats pretty harmless!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• My 2 year old likes her, haha.

She's a much better role model than Britney Spears or Christina Aguilera EVER was!!

My husband is 5 years older than me...so am I a bad role model? I don't think that's a big deal at 16.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my daughter who is 4 LOOOVES her!!! watches her show everyday, everything she got for christmas was hannah montana, and she listens to her cd a bazillion times a day!! shes 4..she doesnt know anything about dating..i think she CAN be a good role model..i mean my daughter only knows about her show and ONE cd that she has (the cd with all the tv show songs on it) and all those songs are pretty much good moral cd's so yaa..
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009