Recommendations on Leap Pad or any other electronic learning toy for a 5 year old?

Which electronic learning toys do you recommend for a 4-5 year old? Does your child like Leap Pad? ToysRus has a sale on it for $99. I'm thinking about Christmas gifts. Thanks for the input!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:34 PM on Nov. 3, 2011 in Shopping

• My 4 year old has a Mobigo. It's kind of like a DS. It has a touch screen, but that slides up and it has the full QWERTY keyboard. It has tons of different games (Cars, Toy Story, Princesses, Tinkerbell, Shrek, etc.) and they range in age from 3-8 years old. We also have a DSi that my son plays with and loves (it's not his; it's my DH's). I was thinking of getting him the Leap Pad for Christmas.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 2:41 AM on Nov. 10, 2011

• My DS is 5 and has loved his leapster for the past 2 years... but we are upgrading to the DSiXL. He's out grown the leapster. We settled on the DSiXL after talking to several parents who's speak highly of it, a few of them are grade school teachers as well!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 3, 2011

• My 5 year old has a DS which he loves, we are actually thinking about upgrading him to the DSiXL. The Leapster just wasn't enough for him, he needed something more challenging. He's had his DS since he was 3-1/2.
    sdks2011

Answer by sdks2011 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2011

• I think the Leap pad is for younger kids. My kids never liked those kind of things. My daughter has a DS and likes it. There is always a PSP.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:50 PM on Nov. 3, 2011