TTC/Fertile

Do you believe that you are more fertile after you have a baby as aopposed to trying to conceive for the first time?I hear people say that after they had there babies that thery were more fertile?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think it makes a difference. You are fertile simply if you ovulate and ovulate "well enough" to have the hormones necessary to have your uterus be ready to house an embryo. That happens whether or not you've had a baby. However, once the cervix has been opened-such as during dilation in labor, I guess its never the same and maybe its easier for sperm to get through. That may sound nuts, but I cannot think of any other way you'd be more fertile after kids. I obsessed over this for 2 years when I couldn't get pregnant. I had already had a baby, and when I tried again, it took 2 years!
    hw1977

Answer by hw1977 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• After I had my son my periods have been more regular than ever, so I would say I am more fertile now. Then again, I have known a lot of people who get pregnant easily with their first and then have problems trying to have another baby. I think it depends on the person.
    AlliO2

Answer by AlliO2 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my first two are 18 months apart. we were using bc when we got pg with the first. It took 5 years to get pregnant with #3, so for some it might get easier for me it was the oppisite.
    electricblue

Answer by electricblue at 9:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009