Not so much a mom question but when I take the dishes out of my dish washer they are dirtier than they where when they went in any I deas why or how to fix it?

proudusarmywife

Asked by proudusarmywife at 9:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Home & Garden

• i have had the same problem lately if you get an answer let me know
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Do you rinse your dishes before you put them in? Try running the cycle on the hottest setting empty. You may have clogged jets or something.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Did you make sure you are not out of jet dry? We have hard water and the min. I am out in the dishwasher I notice a BIG difference.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• There is usually a food trap in the bottom of the dish washer, if/when it gets full it can cause the food to end up back all over the dishes. I would check that.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 9:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'll bet it is the filter. Remove the bottom tray (or whatever the drawer/ basket is called) and look at the filter on the bottom of the machine where the water goes down. I had mine get stopped up once- too full of food particles. LIft the filter out, sometimes it has to be unscrewed, and clean it out in the sink, then replace. Good luck!

Answer by Bmat at 9:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• food or spots? try a powder detergent instead of liquid. and nothing with lemon
    juliegorham

Answer by juliegorham at 2:08 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• Definitely check the food trap. That is what our dishwasher manufacturer told us when we had issues. Also it helps to use this product called Dishwasher Magic once a month. You can get it at Walmart for around $3 a bottle. Then you just run it with this cleaner and it really does help keep it clean.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• make sure to run the disposal before you run the dishwasher... also look inside the dishwasher and see if it has a food trap, it may need to be emptied (happens to mine quite a bit) or cleaned
    nAnTcElOu

Answer by nAnTcElOu at 9:37 AM on Jan. 7, 2009