how many children is too many?

my husband & I have 2 daughters & I would like to have another baby. he says no, that he's too old. what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:38 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think you can ever have too many children as long as you can afford them:)
    Anonymous

• Hey if you can afford them I don't see what is to many. Your husband might not want to have a kid that is just graduating and he is in his 50 or 60's. Might see if the "He's to old" Is the only reason he doesnt want another one.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 9:40 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Well how old is he? This something that you both have to agree to and if he doesn't want another you can't make him. If you accidentally get prego on purpose it may ruin your marriage and/or he will resent the baby.

Anonymous

• That's something only the 2 of you can decide. What works for one family doesn't necessarily work for another.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• well depends how old he is..but as far as how many kids thats up to you however many you can handle i guess
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 9:41 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• 17 & counting is too many
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:42 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It's a totally personal decision. If we could afford it, I'd have 5. But that's unlikely. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 9:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Too funny! My husband is reading this with me and he said "I have a wife with the same problem
    Shall we meet? Ha! Ha!!" We have 3 together and he wants to try for another boy. Our youngest is 9 months this week, a 3 yr old, and a 7 yr old. I have my hands full!
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 9:48 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• HI. I had two sons and desperately wanted a daughter. Of course, there were no guarantees that I would get one, but I had to try! I was willing to accept whatever God sent my way. I had a pink bundle of joy! Then, three and a half years later, I was blessed with a second daughter. This was the biggest shock of my life! Our fourth child is now 3. Every morning, at about 6am, she crawls into my bed and says "I sleep there, you, Mommy?" All of my children are the biggest blessings and gifts of my life. I say, have more, but don't trick or coerce your husband to do so. As far as money goes, well, its the first one that costs the most! In my case, my husband would have 10 more, but we agreed to be done, and he had a vasectomy. I wish you well. Perhaps if you don't discuss it, you will be given a surprise as well!
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 9:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I think when the older ones have to "buddy up" with the younger ones to raise them, it's too many. They should only have as many as the PARENTS are comfortably able to afford and properly nurture, not relying on the older ones to take on more responibility than they should have to.

BlessedMommy64

Answer by BlessedMommy64 at 10:00 PM on Jan. 6, 2009