My mouth tastes like butt!!!

OK soo it really doesn'y taste like butt but it sure is gross. I brush my teeth like 5+ times a day and still its nasty tasting. I was wondering if any of you have a metal/nasty taste and what you did to get rid of it. Everything I eat and drink tastes gross....

Ms.MarineWife

Asked by Ms.MarineWife at 9:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Have you been going to your dentist on a regular basis? If not you should go. Bad breath and bad taste in your mouth could be a sign of gum disease.

Anonymous

• Are you taking the prenatal vitamins? You may want to ask your doc to switch you to one with less iron in it. Just a suggestion.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:45 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• A "metal taste" can be a sign of diabetes. I would consult a dentist.
    Anonymous

• If i double up on my extra iron supplement (I forget that I've taken my pills sometimes) then I have a really bad taste. But its such a saturated feeling, I haven't been able to cure it.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have had friends that had the metal taste in their mouth...its a pregnancy symptom.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 9:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Do you floss regularly? That could be the cause if you don't.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• my hubbys cousin had that with her 3 rd child and there was nothing wrong with her she had to have some kinda candy in her mouth at all times she said that was the worst part she said good luck
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I just went to the denist a few months back. I floss almost everyday and I brush atleast 2 times a day. Now its up to like 5 times aday and I have my first doctors appt tomorrow so i was planning on asking. Just wondered if anyone was going threw this too.
    Ms.MarineWife

Answer by Ms.MarineWife at 9:57 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i went through it when I was pregnant! I HATED IT. What I did was swished some lemon juice in my mouth.... and lots of mouthwash. But the lemon juice worked the best. :)
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• when i was pregnant, i had a yucky taste and had bad breathe. i did everything and nothing. It wasnt horrible bad breathe but it was bad. strange smell.
    avasmommy120307

Answer by avasmommy120307 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 6, 2009