How do you know how long your cycle is?

Like 28 days or 30. That. I know I should know this, and I feel really silly that I don't know it. Do you count from beginning to beginning?

CorCorsmomma

Asked by CorCorsmomma at 9:47 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Health

• Yes, from the first day of your period to the first day of your next period. Most women fall somewhere between 28 - 31 day cycles.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I usually count from the last day to the begining of the next. My cycle is 29 days.
    jem102675

Answer by jem102675 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I'm not too sure, but I'm guessing you would count from the last day of your last period to the first day of your next period
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• yes i think that is right.
    Wyattsmom205

Answer by Wyattsmom205 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• start keeping track of what day they start on.. after about 3 or 4 periods count from the first day of one to the first day of the following. I say do several months because this will tell you if you have irregular cycles or not
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:22 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• well I have been keeping track of when they start and when they end so I don't get surprised by it just showing up. So I'm good on that. I was counting it from end to beginning, which was 21 days, but my husband (of all frikin people) told me he was pretty sure that it was beginning to beginning, which would put it to 28 days. That whole subject came up after we were talking about ovulation and I wanted to see when I was, and based off a 21 day I would have been ovulating like 2 days after my period or during.
    CorCorsmomma

Answer by CorCorsmomma at 11:36 PM on Jan. 6, 2009