Is it true that it's harder to lose weight while on Mirena?

I've been on Mirena for about 7-8 months, I haven't started an exercise regimen yet, but I really need to,. I just don't want to start and do all the work with no results!

ReginaGallo

Asked by ReginaGallo at 9:51 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I've been on it for almost a year now and haven't had any problems losing weight when I try to. I think it is just like any birth control, it will be different for every woman.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 10:01 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• i dunno. i have one but i just got it a couple months ago...if that is the case..im getting rid of it!!
    SummersMamma

Answer by SummersMamma at 9:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• iv been on it for 6 months n i exercise i did all that work tryen 2 lose weight n all i did was gain!! i was 120lbs after i had my daughter. shes 7 months now. now im a little over 140lbs. the only time iv wieghed this much was when i was prego!!!
    xkrystals.momx

Answer by xkrystals.momx at 10:02 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have had mine for a year and a half and had no problems with it.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 10:43 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I have gained about 3lbs a month since I got my mirena 8 months ago...even with excercise and a good diet. I have an apt to get it removed this week.
    megmckn

Answer by megmckn at 1:03 AM on Jan. 7, 2009

• I have had Mirena for over a year, and had trouble losing weight. I tried a lot of diet pills and the only one that worked for me and still does in the Metabolife extreme. It helps boost my metabolism, but I also cut out sugars, fast food, and switched to LIte beer. I plan on doing pilates soon. I think that would rev up the weight loss even more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Jan. 7, 2009