if a baby dies in the womb how will you know

wise1mom

Asked by wise1mom at 7:04 PM on Nov. 3, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Bleeding, no heartbeat found.....
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 3, 2011

• I was a twin & my sister died. I was born in 1986 they knew bc they did an ultrasound to confirm it was twins then check in later & the other was gone. Not sure of what other symptoms my mom had as we have never talked about that before.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 7:08 PM on Nov. 3, 2011

• bleeding cramping
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 7:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2011

• No heart beat and/or bleeding like Simplicity said.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:09 PM on Nov. 3, 2011

• Bleeding is a sign, that is how I found out, and then when I went in there was no heartbeat.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 7:22 PM on Nov. 3, 2011

• Okay thanks
    wise1mom

Comment by wise1mom (original poster) at 7:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2011

• more often than not you will bleed. There are unfortunate times when you do not bleed and it is caught on a routine ultrasound but I think (in my experience) there is usually some sort of sign before they do an ultrasound to check.

A very good friend of mine had no symptoms when she went in for her 9 week ultrasound the baby measured 6 weeks and there was no heartbeat. It was heartbreaking for her entire family. It was a true shock. I have never heard of that happening to anyone else though.
    NotTooWorried

Answer by NotTooWorried at 7:49 PM on Nov. 3, 2011

• a friend of mine did not feel her baby move for a few hours. she had no bleeding and no cramping. just no movement. by the time she went in, the baby was gone. she had felt him that morning and literally only a few hours passed before the ultrasound.
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:16 PM on Nov. 3, 2011

• How many weeks was your friend?
    wise1mom

Comment by wise1mom (original poster) at 10:25 PM on Nov. 3, 2011

• My aunt lost her baby at 34 weeks, She felt No movement for a few hours and NO bleeding or cramping. Simply enough the baby had stopped moving so she was concerned.. She called her doctor and he sent her to the hospital. They did not hear a heartbeat on the fetal doppler and did an ultrasound to confirm that the baby was gone. She had to deliver the baby and once they saw what she looked like the answer was simpythat the baby had terminated itself because of severe deformalities that were not picked up on ultrasound.
    This is why they encourage women to do fetal kick counts.. Sometimes there is no cause for concern other than stress but usually there is a reason the baby is stressed.

If your feeling uneasy at all you need to call your doctor and hear your babys heartbeat.
    MaddysMommy7208

Answer by MaddysMommy7208 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 4, 2011