Pregnancy test issues

So i took a pregnancy test at 5 am the other morning and it seemed like it was taking forever to get the answer but i was half asleep i gave up and went back to bed woke back up and it said positive. I took another test the same brand same box it was positive now 3 days later using another brand it was negative but it was also middle of the day. My boobs hurt i have heart burn and this cramping feeling. My last period was around 11-20. Any advice? and i cant get in to see the doctor until monday its gonna be a long weekend wondering.

steffieee116

Asked by steffieee116 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• when i got preggers with my first, i took 4 HPTs..........2 came back no, 2 came back inconclusive. So, don't worry. I'd say, check again tomorrow am first thing. I imagine this is going to drive you nutty until you know for sure. HUGS!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Why did you take 3 tests? I would trust the first 2!
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 10:04 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• It is very unlikely to get a false positive let alone 2 of them.... i would say that the positives are right and the neg is wrong... but just to be sure in a week i would call the doc and make an appointment unless u get ur period.....
    Anonymous

• sounds like ur pregnant.. first mornings urine the the best to us.. call ur ob and make an appt
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 10:12 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I would not trust the test that you walked away from. You are supposed to disregard a result after a certain period of time. Did you buy the one that SAYS the word pregnant, or was it a line that reflects positive? If it was a digital that says the words Pregnant, then I would trust it. If it was a line that showed up positive after10 minutes, I wouldn't. If you can't get into the OB until Monday, see if you can get in for a nurses appt for a test from them. A lot of times an OB will let you come in to take a test because they do not take up an appointment time. If you got two real positive results and then a neg, you could also be having a miscarriage. So, it would be wise to see the OB for a test, or try to get into the PCP doctor to get a lab sheet to have a Quantative HCG blood test. This will tell you for sure. Good luck.
    Scimecamommy

Answer by Scimecamommy at 10:21 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• you can get a false negative but not a false positive.
    oh and btw.. the doctors use the cheap dollar store tests, so dont buy an expensive one.
    Anonymous