When should I start trying to get pregnant?

My husband and I are going to start trying to have a baby soon and I was curious when a good month to start would be. I originally was going to wait until April because we are going that month to Disney World for our 1 year anniversary and I didn't want to be sick or unable to ride the rides, but it is unlikely that I get pregnant the first month I try and I am getting soooo excited! Would the middle of March be too soon if I by chance did get pregnant on the first try? How long does it usually take to start feeling the effects?

gulia1983

Asked by gulia1983 at 10:03 PM on Jan. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm assuming this is your first child.........LOL. I would start anytime. It sometimes can take months of "practice" before you become pregnant. Some women feel the affects right away (with this one, my second, I did) but some women dont until later. Some don't feel anything at all. So it's a crap shoot to plan like that. However, my suggestion is to work on it while you're in Disney, after all it's your anniversary. Good luck!
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I didn't feel the effects until I was 7 weeks. but every woman is different. And if your going to disney world... wait until then.Cause even if your not THAT far along one sharp jerk could make you have a miscarriage. And what better anniversary present then trying to start a family? and you CAN get pregnant on the first try. I did.... we weren't planning on it though lol But I would wait until you were in disney world or after just to be safe
    Zacherysmommy08

Answer by Zacherysmommy08 at 10:08 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• I did get pregnant the first month with my second and third child. You never know how things will work out - I would wait until your vacation and start trying ON the vacation - how fun and exciting ;)
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 10:19 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Its taken us 18 months and I was sick starting around 3-4 weeks. I agree its a crap shoot. Start trying when you want, but if it does happen before you go, you can't go on any of the rides because you are pregnant, so I think I would personally wait..... but I love rides :)
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 10:52 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• WAIT TILL AFTER YOUR TRIP.. BUT ALSO TAKE INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN DO YOU WANT TO BE BIG AND PREG.. SUMMER IS MISERABLE!!!!!
    40yrmom

Answer by 40yrmom at 11:55 PM on Jan. 6, 2009

• Wait till after your trip cuz if your pregnant you can't ride some of those rides , they won't let you due to miscarriage. Just practice making that baby at Disney. You'll get pregnant when you get pregnant. It'll happen when it happens. Just take a daily vitamin until then to get your body ready. I carried all of my babies thru the fall, winter and spring. My kids are May, June and July babies and I was miserable because it was hot!
    Angie32Red

Answer by Angie32Red at 12:31 AM on Jan. 7, 2009